Diamondback 2013 overdrive 29’er mountain bike is a cross country mountain bike suggested for commuting, riding on beginner to intermediate single trails, gravel or dirt roads and paths, and paved roads.
Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er provides a comfortable ride
The Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er Mountain Bike features durable and lightweight aluminum frame, 29-inch diameter wheels for getting over large obstacles, and a suspension fork for a comfortable ride. It includes 24-speed gear combinations and its disc brakes have superior stopping power.
Benefits of Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er Wheels
The bike’s 29” wheels decrease riders’ angle of attack, offer better momentum, and have strong surface contact even in soft material such as sand. The wheels also provide stability due to the relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the wheel axles, and wide tire combinations.
Easy Handling of Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er Mountain Bike
The bike’s butted 6061-T6 aluminum frame is lighter than steel and other aluminum frames sold in the market, making the bike easy to maneuver. It also features Suntour 100mm/4” travel fork for shock absorption and 8 cogs to set the preferred speed for any terrain.
The Overdrive is suited as an entry level 29er which offers a balance between value and performance.
Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er Specifications:
The mountain bike’s specifications include:
- Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive 29r Frame
- SR Suntour XCT 29″ 100mm Fork
- Shimano Altus rear derailleur with EF-51 7spd EasyFire shifters
- SR Suntour XCC-202, 22/32/42t crankset
- Sealed Cartridge Bottom Bracket
- Promax Alloy Linear Brakes
- Shimano HG20 7spd Cassette (12-28t)
- WTB Wolverine Comp 29×2.2 Tires
- KMC-Z51 Chain
- 32h Weinmann SL-7 Doublewall Wheels
- (F) 32h SL-7 Alloy QR (R) 32h SL-7 Alloy Cassette QR Hubset
- Black 14g Stainless Steel Spokes
- MTB Resin 9/16″ Pedals
- DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise handlebar
- DB Race saddle Seat
- Integrated FSA Drop-in ACB upper, Zero Stack lower internal cup and cartridge bearing, 1 1/8″ headset
- DB4L 135mm Kraton Grips
Diamondback 2013 Overdrive 29’er Mountain Bike Review
The Overdrive is adequate for riding single tracks and can pass over rocky paths and small obstacles. The mountain bike is indeed lightweight and comfortable to ride with its 29” wheels. The bike’s fork is adjustable and never bottomed out.
However, the grips are tough on hands and riders may need gloves while riding the bike. Riders may also need to buy a Schrader valve adapter for the bike pump as it features Presta valve. The seat was stiff and was hard to loosen while trying to replace it.
Overall, the Diamond Overdrive performs well except for some adjustments that could help.