The Diamondback Response Mountain Bike has been redesigned to transform it into a better ride. Like many of Diamondback’s other bikes, the Response bike features both reliability and durability. Despite its stellar attributes, the Response remains an affordable bike that majority of cyclists can enjoy riding.
Diamondback Response Mountain Bike Product Description
The Response bike sports a sophisticated exterior design that consists of a sturdy 6061-T6 aluminum frame and 29-inch wheels with WTB Wolverine tires. The frame takes on a really solid yet lightweight build that is durable and reliable. It has a replaceable hanger, machined head tube, forged dropouts, disc mounts, and formed top and down tubes. Its wheels allow riders to smoothly navigate over bumps and crevices on the rough trails.
It has a 7-speed drivetrain with Shimano front and rear derailleur that can take you wherever you want as quickly as possible. Its smooth 10mm travel Suntour XCT suspension fork will allow you to execute riding, climbing, and descending with ease and comfort. The Promax mechanical disc brakes are reliable and will never fail you while you are on the trail.
Diamondback Response specifications
Overall, the Response mountain bike is packed with the following innovative features that are sure to give you a great cycling experience:
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame with machined headtube, disc mounts, forged dropouts, and a replaceable hanger.
- Frame size options of 16, 18, 20 and 22 inches
- SR Suntour XCT 100mm travel suspension fork
- 125 inches zero stack ahead headset
- MTB alloy arm cranks
- Shimano TX50 duall pull and Shimano Altus 7-speed front and rear derailleur
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Shimano HG20 7-speed cassette cog set
- Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 7-speed shifter
- KMC0Z51 chain
- 32h SL-7 alloy front and rear hubs
- 14g black stainless steel spokes
- 32h Diamondback SL-7 double wall rims
- Promax DSK-310 mechanical disc brakes
Diamondback Response 29er customer reviews
Diamondback Response bike customers identified some pros and cons that are worth considering. On the pro side, they find the bike has a robust design with a top-quality build. Its frame is durable and lightweight—perfect for long trips on the trail. It has great suspension with efficient and upgradeable components. They also love the easy shifting the Response bike provides. On the con side, they find the seat or saddle somewhat lacking that they would usually have it replaced with something more comfortable for them. Though the brakes and gears are superb, they require frequent tuning. And just like other Diamondback mountain bikes, it has no kickstand. [Read more reviews …]